GRADING RUBRIC (M 175T, Fall 08)
I. Mathematics (about 60%)
• Displayed good
understanding of the mathematics (including what was on the student
sheet, how it fits in with other topics, related extensions).
• Answered questions informatively.
II. Teaching (about 40%)
• Format fostered engagement and active (minds-on) participation.
• Monitored student progress.
• Gave hints if appropriate, but without “giving it away.’
• Gave extension to students as needed.
• Presentation method/media well suited to topic.
• (If applicable) Materials well prepared.
• Good use of media (including blackboard and chalk).
• Class discussion managed well.
Note: If two students share the problem, each will be evaluated separately -- so each should participate in the teaching!